The NCCR TransCure is committed to implementing measures that facilitate increasing the number of women working in the field of membrane transport.
We are specifically focusing on the personal support of young female researchers interested in growing a scientific career in a number of ways:
- We ensure equal opportunities in recruitment and we particularly encourage female scientists to apply for NCCR TransCure positions.
- Mentoring is provided to female researchers who are interested in pursuing a scientific career. http://www.medizin.unibe.ch/content/akademische_laufbahn/
- A biennial networking workshop is held that encourages NCCR staff to interact with outstanding women in science as professional career and role models.
- We also support our network members with the balance of family, study and career activities through a commitment to:
- Providing flexible working hours wherever possible in order to harmonize family and career activities.
- Offering advice and support toward the hiring of domestic assistance (nannies and housekeepers) including identifying appropriate references and establishing contracts.
For more detailed information:
Martine T. Reymond
NCCR TransCure - Communication Director
University of Bern
Institute of Biochemistry and Molecular Medicine
Tel. +41 31 631 40 95